The Myers Y. Cooper Company
Number of years in the industry
Two years this May
1. Where did you get your career started and what was the most valuable lesson you learned early on?
This is my first position in the real estate industry since graduating from UC. Anxious to make my mark, I learned early on that “if it hasn’t been signed, it’s not done.”
2. What inspires, drives, or motivates you in your career?
Like so many businesses today, the real estate industry is experiencing a lot of changes. I find it motivating to be a part of this industry and observe the many emerging trends, new business ventures and opportunities for real estate professionals to engage and help new businesses get started. Along the way, it’s interesting learning how the new business concepts plan to make their mark and strategies that business owners take to stay in front of their customers.
3. What advice can you share for working with a challenging client or colleague?
A challenging deal can be hard and stressful. Our work requires patience. Always remember, you don’t learn anything from the easy deals!
4. What do you see taking shape in our industry in the next 5 or 10 years?
The impact of internet commerce continues to evolve and cause brick and mortar retail and service providers to rethink how they can continue to be relevant. What impacts these businesses impacts us too. We need to be aware of the changes and figure out how to stay in front of the wave.
5. Do you have any passions or hobbies outside of work?
I love all things water. I recently became a certified scuba diver and I am looking forward to many more scuba trips.
6. Who is your personal hero?
My grandma. She has always been the backbone of our family; I admire her strength and outgoing personality.