Amy Malmstrom, Co-Founder 39Forward
Number of years in the industry - 16 Years
Number of years in CREW - New Member
Contact information: Amy@39Forward.com
Member Spotlight Questions
1. What do you hope to get out of your CREW membership and/or who do you hope to network with? Deepening my network, learning from others, and networking with those directly in my industry while also establishing relationships more broadly with those outside my specific industry.
2. What or Who is your ideal client/customer?
Socially and environmentally minded Cincinnati based small and medium sized for-profit and non-profit businesses. We like to work with collaborative companies that prioritize making a difference in their community and industry. We work best with companies that are looking for external support and expertise to supplement their leadership team.
3. What does a typical day consist of for you in your current position?
Typical days revolve around clear communication and problem solving. Often days include gathering information, simplifying and disseminating it to the right team members, and leveraging it to identify and clearly present potential pathways for confident decision making by project leadership teams. Most days are filled with laughter, strategic thinking, and great conversations.
4. What is your favorite aspect about your job?
Helping clients define and achieve their project goals each and every day!
5. What does your company contribute to the commercial real estate industry?
39Forward offers several different services to our clients. At heart we are a design consultancy firm focused on building strategic, creative, and inspired problem-solving for our clients. We offer expertise in workplace strategies, process evaluation, sustainable building practices, health and wellness strategies, universal design techniques, strategic foresight, and innovation focused breakthrough thinking and workshops. Our primary service line is owner’s representative services focused on guiding design and construction projects. Our goal is to ensure clear communication and collaboration that ensures best in class projects that drive long-term business objectives for our clients while ensuring all industry team members can provide their best work and feel respected and valued. We believe that a unified CRE industry focused on socially and environmentally responsible projects can help to positively lift Cincinnati.
6. What advice do you have to someone new to the industry?
Explore everything the industry has to offer, find your passion, build a network, and lift others up along the way.
7. What keeps you busy outside of work?
I am a wife, to a fellow architect, and mom to two small and busy boys leaving very little remaining for me-time! Rec league volleyball has become my favorite opportunity to get away and have some fun each week.