, Partner at Keating Muething & Klekamp PLL (KMK Law®), focusing on Land Use & Zoning
Nearly 10 years as a practicing attorney
Membership Committee, 2022-present
Happy to be reached by phone at (513) 579-6592, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Member Spotlight Questions:
- What do you hope to get out of your CREW membership and/or who do you hope to network with? Land use law is an incredibly multi-disciplinary field. My work regularly requires input and guidance from land planners, architects, engineers, brokers, surveyors and appraisers. I’m looking forward to meeting more professionals through CREW.
- What or Who is your ideal client/customer? Property owners seeking to navigate a land use or zoning obstacle. I enjoy representing developers and business owners in disputing and resolving notices of zoning violations, and applications for variances, conditional uses, special uses, and PUD approvals and modifications. I also enjoy and litigate eminent domain/condemnation matters and property disputes of all varieties.
- What is your favorite aspect about your job? Advocating for people. I have a unique position among many real estate attorneys in that I started as a traditional litigator, and have a number of first-chair victories under my belt before the American Arbitration Association, the bench, and the jury. I’ve been to trial before, I can zealously advocate for clients in trial, and I can work to avoid litigation where appropriate.
- What does your company contribute to the commercial real estate industry? KMK Law is comprised of lawyers with collective experience in all aspects of real property law, including land development, leasing, zoning and land use, sales and acquisitions, real estate taxation and tax exemption, project finance, opportunity zones, economic development, environmental, and everything in between. My clients benefit from my experience, as well as the pool of talent and resources available at KMK Law.
- What advice do you have to someone new to the industry? Find your passion and chase it! If it’s not a resounding “Yes,” it should be a firm “No.”
- What keeps you busy outside of work? My twin sons, who recently turned 1 and are transitioning into toddlerhood. Motherhood is truly an evergreen learning experience.